Reporting and Retrieving Immunizations

If you have questions about a letter that you received from Ottawa Public Health, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) Tool - Online Reporting Tool

Service Interruption notice for ICON

Please note that this service will be unavailable from August 23rd at 5 pm to August 26th at 4 am for scheduled maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. For information on alternative ways to update your child's immunization record during this time, please see "Updating your child's record".

Having problems submitting your child’s immunization online using ICON? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

It is important to report any vaccines your child receives to Ottawa Public Health (OPH). Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) are responsible for updating OPH every time their child receives immunization. This includes those given by your healthcare provider. OPH keeps a record of your child's vaccinations to help protect public safety. This is important if there is ever a disease outbreak.

Your child's doctor will give you a record of all your child's vaccinations. Update their little yellow book each time your child gets a vaccination.  

This record is important. Keep it in a safe place with other documents, like birth certificates and passports. 

You may need your child's immunization record when:

  • Starting daycare or kindergarten
  • Starting school or transferring to a new school in another area (when your child is older)
  • Receiving emergency health care
  • Going to summer camp
  • Traveling to countries where the diseases are common

Updating your child's record:

  • Online: Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON)
    • With ICON you can view your child's record and be informed of which immunizations your child needs or will need in the near future. You can print a copy or access the information anytime.
    • In order to access your child's immunization information using ICON, you will need to create an account and set a PIN. To do this, you will need the following information:
      • Your child's Ontario Photo Health Card - Your child's Health Card Number must be on file with Ottawa Public Health (OPH).
      • If your child does not have an Ontario Photo Health Card, you can create an account using your child's Ontario Immunization ID (OIID) - If you do not have your child's OIID, you can call OPH to obtain your child's OIID. The OIID is included in any notice you may have received from OPH.
    • If you are not able to set your PIN, you can call OPH at 613-580-6744 for help creating your account.
    • After submitting an immunization, it can take up to 5 days before any updates appear on your child’s record through the “View Immunizations” feature.
    • When submitting updates, please provide a phone number and/or email address where we can send you an automated message to inform you if the record is up to date or if we require more information.
  • CANImmunize App:
    • CANImmunize is a free, easy to use app that allows you to track and report your child's immunizations to OPH. Get the app on iOS and Android today! Before using the app, please ensure the following:
      • Your child has an Ontario Health Card
      • You are using CANImmunize version 3.0.0 and up on an iOS or Android device
      • Child/student is 17 years of age or younger  
      • Your device is connected to the internet
      • Your child lives in Ottawa
  • Phone: 613-580-6744 and select the option to discuss immunizations Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
  • Mail: Ottawa Public Health, Immunization Program (mail code 26-44), 100 Constellation Drive, Ottawa, ON. K2G 6J8
  • Fax: 613-580-9660

Requesting a copy of child's immunization record:

The best way to access your child's record is using the online tool: Immunization Connect Ontario (ICON) - you will need your child's Ontario Photo Health Card and PIN. If your child does not have an Ontario Photo Health Card, you can use the OIID and PIN.

OPH does not release immunization records to a parent/legal guardian of any individuals 16 years of age and older. An individual 16 years of age and older must call to request their own record or access ICON themselves.

Note that your child's immunization record at Ottawa Public Health (OPH) only contains information reported by yourself or immunizations administered by a public health nurse (for example at a school clinic). It is possible that your child has received additional immunizations.  Please submit any missing immunization information to OPH to ensure your child's record is up to date.

If your child attends a licensed childcare centre in Ottawa, you must provide both your childcare provider and OPH with a copy of your child's immunization record.

If your child attends a primary or high school in Ottawa, you do not need to provide the school with a copy of your child's immunization record however, you must provide a copy of your child's immunization record to OPH.

You can also call or visit OPH to request a copy of your record. Please note that it will take a minimum of 5 business days to process your request. Your record will be mailed to you after it has been processed.  We cannot release immunization records by email.

Do you have more questions about parenting?

Contact Us